This website has officially moved to www.1meal1workout.com! Join us there!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Vacationing's a Bit Different

If you're like me, there's been a lot of things in my life that I've wanted to do, but have yet to do them.Many of those things, for me at least, required a certain amount of physical activity, and before I just wasn't able to do it.It wasn't a matter of want, but more a matter of can't. Now that I've lost 130 lbs or so, my options are a little different.


We currently have some of our great friends from Texas here on vacation for a few days, and we ventured into North Georgia for a few days.In the course of 3 days, I:


  • Canoed at Unicoi State Park


  • Paddleboated at Unicoi State Park


  • Swam (in a pool, not the lake)


  • Played putt-putt golf (I know, not that physically taxing, but a year ago, I would have made an excuse NOT to do it)


  • Tubed down the Chattahoochee


  • Went to a water park


  • Shot some hoops


  • Hiked up and down 1,099 stairs and then around 2 different rim trails at Tallulah Gorge State Park


  • Went rock climbing




  • Whew!We were busy!But I had a blast doing all of these things.The next thing on my list is white water rafting.


    You may be thinking to yourself, "I'm happy for you.Glad you had so much fun."


    One short year ago, I could NOT have done this.Okay, I probably could have played putt-putt, but I wouldn't have enjoyed it.


    Maybe you're someone that wants to do these kind of things, but right now, you are physically incapable of doing them. Don't give up!Even some small changes can make new activities become accessible to you.


    You may not be ready to go rock climbing next week, but maybe you could go canoeing next month!

    2 comments:

    1. Good stuff, bro. Thanks for sharing.
      -Russ

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks Russ! Ate a bit of wall while rock climbing, but other than that, it was a blast!

      ReplyDelete