This website has officially moved to www.1meal1workout.com! Join us there!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Eat a Pickle

I love pickles...I really do.  If you love pickles, then you're in luck.  Pickles, to me, are one of the best snacks out there.  Why?  Let me tell you.

  • Super low calorie - the average kosher dill has between 5 and 10 calories.
  • Lots of flavor - When you eat a pickle, you know it.
  • Crunchy - A pickle gives you something to CHEW!  Yogurt tastes great and it's good for you, but you can't really chew it.
  • Handy -  You don't have to spread it on a cracker, cook it, heat it, or doing anything but fish it out of the jar.
However, you can't just go hog wild and eat 10 pickles a day.  I mean...you can, but you shouldn't.  Pickles are also fairly acidic.  Pickles are also very high in sodium.  Very high.  If you already eat a high sodium diet, be careful about adding a bunch of pickles to it.  That being said, if you sweat a lot when you exercise, like I do, then some extra sodium is not necessarily a bad thing.  I usually grab a pickle after I work out. 

What's your favorite low-cal snack?

No comments:

Post a Comment