This website has officially moved to www.1meal1workout.com! Join us there!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Getting Ready for the Next Event

Today I met with Mark Vescio, race director for the Locomotive Race Series, to discuss racing, race promotion, and to generally pick his brain about how to host a good race.  He was a super nice guy, and had a lot of good info for me.


On November 5th, I'm planning my next event.  It's going to be a 5K trail run at Sweetwater Creek State Park.  We're also going to have a short Kid's Fun Run, and finish up with a cookout.  It should be a lot of fun in one of the most beautiful areas around metro Atlanta. Here's a link to some pictures we took last fall..  I purposely scheduled it for the first weekend of November because that's during the height of the foliage change.


Right now I'm in the midst of finalizing all the details, locking down the registration fees, and looking for sponsors.


Another important point: this race will benefit the American Cancer Society.


If you aren't interested in running, but you ARE interested in volunteering, shoot me an email, Facebook message me, leave a comment on this post, send me a letter, or just let me know the next time you see me.


Hope to see you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment